Here we go again. Shortly after the new year resolution, it is already time for the monthly goal set up for January. Actually this is a really cool way to keep track on how things are evolving as planned. Writing down what I want to solve during the month actually makes it more likely that I will actually do it. Because I have committed it to writing. And I cannot escape from holding myself accountable. And it might actually help me to stick with my New Year Resolution, if I review it every month. Or I might even start doing a Weekly Wrap up (as seen on Cate’s blog).
So, here goes the review on the December goals:
- Getting up each morning with the husband to use the time for online activities: YES! I can do it! I actually get up at 5:30 in the morning on most days (Mo-Fr). And it feels soooo powerful to get things done in the early morning and to get my head settled for the day. I can really recommend it to everybody, getting up early, do a yummy tea, settle in front of the computer and have a little me-time.
- Go to the gym twice a week/take the dog for longer walks if the gym is closed: kind of. I did the gym part until they closed for Christmas. But the dog part was kind of complicated due to climate conditions. So I am looking forward to the 7th when life in Spain starts all over again. So this will stay for the next month as well.
- Practice the cello 5x a week: YES! And I am getting better at it by the day. I can feel it (and my prof agrees).
- Get everything off my desk: Kind of. I did tidy it up, but it is starting to clutter again. So this needs some more working on it.
And for this new, first month of gorgeous 2010 these are the goals to fulfill:
- Do more technique exercises with the cello (even though doing songs is more fun).
- Start working on a daily (or weekly) routine for the new responsibilities on the job now that the team is almost entirely relocated to Barcelona.
- Prepare a clear structure for the monthly reporting.
- Keep doing 3 posts a week, but include at least one with additional research.
- Check out more blogs of like-minded people out there.
- Clean up the office, just like the desk and get rid of everything I really never use (even if it was a gift from long forgotten times.
- Do the same with my wardrobe: everything that I haven’t used in a year has to go (anticipated spring cleaning).
Everything else will have to go in between or wait until February 😉
Post a list of your career/life related goals for the current month, along with your checked off goals from the previous month if you’d like, on your own blog.
Visit the Goal Meet-Up post at Brazen Careerist and/or at modite and leave a link to your post in the comments (*If you don’t have your own blog, feel free to share your list of goals in the comments section of the post to join in!)
Then, check out everyone else’s lists as they leave comments – click their links, visit their blogs, say hello, meet, greet and support each other because that’s what it’s all about!